In this long awaited episode of the Marketing School Podcast, Neil breaks down his long and short-term strategies for success. Tune in to hear what keeps Neil in business.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
[00:27] Today’s Topic: Neil Patel’s Personal Marketing Strategy
[00:50] Neil used to have an ad agency 16 years ago. The way they grew the business was
through cold-calling clients.
[01:13] Once blogging became a thing, he decided to use it to generate leads.
[01:42] Right now, Neil still spends a lot of time and money on content marketing.
[02:00] They get 2 million visits per month thanks to content.
[02:20] If you don’t keep releasing more and more new content, your numbers won’t go up.
[02:37] They are now buying and merging other businesses.
[03:08] They spend 80% of their money on giving away free marketing tools.
[03:24] Giving away free stuff is the best way to generate traffic.
[03:45] Neil thinks creating tools are a good long-term plan.
[04:48] Over the next few years, after continuing to give away tools and grow the business, Neil
will semi-retire, leaving his team in charge.
[05:15] He has already wound down public speaking engagements.
[06:01] That’s all for today!
[06:11] Go to Singlegrain.com/Giveway for a special marketing tool giveaway!
►Subscribe to my Channel: http://youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=gogrowtheverywhere
Want to learn the SEO tactics that AirBnB, Lyft, and Heineken use to drive millions of site visits a month? Download the case study now: https://www.singlegrain.com/res/digital-marketing-agency/case-studies/
Leave some feedback:
• What should I talk about next? Please let me know on Twitter – https://twitter.com/ericosiu or in the comments below.
• Enjoyed this episode? Let me know your thoughts in the comments, and please be sure to subscribe.
Connect with Eric Siu:
• Growth Everywhere Podcast – http://www.growtheverywhere.com/
• Marketing School Podcast – https://www.singlegrain.com/marketing…
• Single Grain – Digital Marketing Agency – http://www.singlegrain.com/
• Twitter https://twitter.com/ericosiu
Please watch: “$300 to $3 Million in Less than 10 Years – What You Can Learn From This Restauranteur Prodigy”